Glasgow Airport: Terminal 2
Terminal 2 was opened in June 2004 and cost £12 million to develop. It’s like the smaller-sibling of the main terminal and accomodates over a million passengers a year!
It sits on the right hand side of the main terminal (north east) and was built to look after the growing number of passengers. It adds another 24 check-in desks to the airport’s total and accomodates extra passenger gates.
Can I access Duty Free if I’m flying from Terminal 2? Yes, you’re allowed to cross over into the Main Terminal via a covered walkway to access mainstream Duty Free Shops but there are also some outlets stores at Terminal 2 for you to enjoy.
Where’s security for Terminal 2? You’ll go through the same security desks and clearance as passengers for the main Terminal, but your check-in desks and information desks will be in Terminal 2.
What can you find at Glasgow’s T2?
- There’s only one floor and you’ll be directed back through the Main Terminal for Duty Free
- Main Terminal is connected via the covered walkway
- One of the world’s most sophisticated baggage screening systems
- 24 check in desks
Fun facts about Glasgow’s T2:
- Capable of handling over 1.5 million passengers a year
- Typically hosts carriers such as Air Transat, Jet2 and Thomas Cook
- At over 34,000 square feet, T2 is almost four times the size of the building it replaces
- Four new aircraft parking stands