Glasgow Airport Terminal 2
Terminal 2 was opened in June 2004 and cost £12 million to develop. It has been built in response to increasing passenger numbers, and growing demand from low cost airlines and charter companies. The building was built in just 15 weeks and involved the complete renovation of the old St Andrew's building and the construction of a new extension incorporating an extra 9 check in desks, taking T2's total check in capacity to 24.
- One of the world's most sophisticated baggage screening systems
- 24 check in desks
- Capable of handling over 1.5 million passengers a year
- Carriers such as Air Transat, Jet2 and Thomas Cook operate from the new facility
- At over 34,000 square feet, T2 is almost four times the size of the building it replaces
- Four new aircraft parking stands
The final phase of the development involved the construction a covered walkway to link T2 to the main terminal building.